Making New Friends


Living in a different country can be tough. Living in a different country with a baby is even tougher. Engaging in communities that relate to my personal interests and not solely mom-interests has been really difficult. (Sorry mom groups, I don't want to constantly relive my labor or discuss the various baby poops of the week or challenge each other to how advanced one baby is over another.) But it's something I have resolved to find and/or create.

I have resolved to engage with my community when confronted with opportunities with the high hope that friendships will develop. This past weekend I saw a familiar face and I re-introduced myself, Lady Nugget has taken off, with another little girl's baby pram no less, and promptly ended our conversation. Until next time.

Comments